This article explains how to add, edit and delete images in the rich text editor. The rich text editor can be found in multiple places in the platform:
- In the rich text activity when building a course
- On the quiz page when you're building a quiz
- On the assignment page when you're creating an assignment
- On any course activity pages that have the 'Description' or 'Additional Information' fields enabled
You can identify the rich text editor by the toolbar displayed at the top. All rich text editors offer the same functionalities.
In the toolbar, click on the image icon.
You will see the image inserted into the Body box once the upload is complete.
- To align your image, click on the image and select the Alignment icon in the toolbar. Select whether you want the image aligned to the left, to the right, or in the center.
- To position your image so your text wraps around it, click on the image. Select the Text alignment icon in the toolbar. Select whether you want to break text or have it inline with the image.
- To link the image, click the image and select the Link icon in the toolbar. Paste the URL and click Insert. If you prefer that the link opens in a new window, please ensure that the Open link in new tab button has been selected.
- To delete the image, click the image and select the Remove button within the image editor.
- To resize the image, select the image. Drag and adjust the image to the size you prefer.